During the hot summer days, a pleasantly cool living space is desired by all. This is the reason why the demand of air conditioning machines increases exponentially during the hot summer days. In the present time, almost every house in the urban region is equipped with at least one air conditioner. With the passage of time, the technology associated with the air conditioners has certainly improved a lot.
A decade ago, window air conditioning machines were in vogue; but now, they have become obsolete, and split air conditioning machines have replaced them. If you browse through the online market, you will come across numerous brands to choose from, featuring different technical specifications. No doubt, for a common person, it can be quite difficult to understand the specifications. So, let us take a look at some of the useful tips regarding how to purchase the right air conditioners for your home.
Tips for Picking the Best Air Conditioners:
• Room size- First of all, it is important to determine your requirements, which is related to the size of your room. The room in which you want to install the air conditioner should be taken into consideration. In case the room size is about 100 square feet then an AC of 0.8 ton capacity would be sufficient. On the other hand, you need to choose an AC of 1.0 ton and 1.5 ton capacity if the room size is about 150 sq feet and 250 sq feet respectively. But, for a large hall having carpet area of 400 sq feet, you should choose an air conditioner having 2.0 ton capacity.
• Energy efficiency ratings- In every country, there exists a rating system for the electrical appliances. Hence, you need to pick an air conditioner model that features energy rating of at least 4-star. But, the usage pattern also matters. In case you are going to use the air conditioner just for 2 to 3 hours per day then a 3-star AC is feasible enough. It means, if your usage is more, choose an air conditioner with higher rating.
• Budget- If you are on a small budget, but your needs are high, you can opt for a window AC. Window air conditioning machines are cheaper when compared to the split AC’s. If your room is absolutely separate and remains relatively cool during the summer days, choosing a window AC would not be a bad decision.
• Extra features- Nowadays, the air conditioning machines have become quite advanced for sure. They feature new technologies, and inverter technology is one of them. Inverter technology air conditioners are more expensive, because they can run on low amount of power also. Likewise, smart AC’s are just like your smart TV. You can link the appliance to your home network; once connected, the user can control as well as monitor the air conditioner with the help of compatible mobile app.
• Online reviews- As a smart buyer, you need to utilize the advantage of online reviews. There are many forums and social networking sites where other customers share their views and experiences. Checking out the online reviews can help you a lot in determining the quality and performance of the air conditioners you have short-listed. In this way, you will be saved from picking the wrong model.
• Noise- AC’s that score excellent in noise tests are very quiet and the sound you can hear is the running fan only.
So, those were some of the vital tips that one can keep in mind when it comes to purchasing an air conditioner for domestic purpose. Follow them and choose the most apt air conditioners model.