Nowadays, metal roofs are becoming popular in the roofing materials of the homes In Australia. Colorbond is one such material that is outperforming all the other materials. It provides better shelter to support in all types of weather condition and lasts long against rain, snow and even in high winds withstanding roofs.
Colorbond is a pre-painted steel product that is made as per Australian Standards. The inner base of Colorbond is made with Zincalume steel. It is steel that is coated with a mix of zinc and aluminium. This coating ensures that it is corrosion resistant. In the end, it is again coated with a special colour to create the Colorbond. Once it is ready its sheets are pressed into different profiles. This material has outstanding resistance to peeling, cracking, chipping and corrosion. It’s mostly used for individual preferences with amazing characteristic it provides the solution for all kind of roofs.
What are the beneficial features of the Colorbond roof?
Colorbond roofing replaces the usage of tiles and concrete roofs. The special features of the colorbond offer an environmentally friendly choice for roof renovations. Beneficial features of the colorbond roof are explained below.
• Colorbond Is sturdy in nature, the color of the roof is bonded to the metal literally to prevent from the painting cost. Colorbond doesn’t need much maintenance; the process of the roof is made by baking the roof in the heat to transform the quality to tough and unlikely to leakage and cracks in the roof.
• It looks equally good on both sides of the fence and it also complements all styles of homes from traditional through to modern. Moreover, it is available in 14 different colours.
• The fencing made from color bond is smooth which means that it has no footholds and it cannot be seen through which makes it great for both security and privacy. No one can see through your property and it makes your kids and pets safe.
• It will not warp, corrode, rust, rot or be susceptible to termites and because it is steel, it won’t burn, which makes it ideal for bushfire prone areas.
• The insulating characteristic of the roof will absorb the extreme temperature. It’s thermally efficient material to optimize the temperature in the home by insulating the extreme temperature. Colorbond sheets are easy to roll and fixing on the lap joints.
• The overcoated thermal in the roof will eliminate the rainwater easily and prevent the home from leaking during the rain. The material is recyclable and can be re-used to make any product. It contributes to less on-site wastage, and is efficient to transport.
• Colorbond roofing works better than the tiling. Even though the costs of the tiles are cheaper, roofing cost will vary depending on the extra insulation, installation, and painting, maintenance for future cost. After installation of colorbond roofing, the maintenance is not much needed and it lasts long.
How the quality of the colorbond will be tested?
Colorbond roofing is the best roof product for home, the roofs are designed with the color palette and they look better for longer. To make it look great always you just have to do is hose it down occasionally that’s it. If you want that then you don’t even have to wash it. It’s all your wish. The only downside of colorbond material for few people can be that it is a little pricy. But the benefits that come with this material are worth spending few dollars.